Monday 2 November 2015

Life Through A Globe




I came across this image while looking through Pinterest and it inspired me to try and create my own section on my blog called 'Life Through A Globe' where I experimented taking photos through a glass globe. Also by doing this I have been able to create a surreal photo as the image is flipped while looking through it and is making the world look upside-down. I was unable to discover who actually took this photo as it was only re-pinned on Pinterest who had found it online.
This photo however is not a example of surrealist photography as you can tell by the colour palette is not as bland as the a surreal photo would consist of.




Here is a photo which I have taken using the same style and trying to create the theme of surrealism. I have done this by dulling down the colour palette, I did this by changing the levels on the photo to make the darker colours even darker so it would give that feeling of surrealism. Also by having the globe in the centre of the photograph, it gives the image a focal point and will drew the audience's attention to the globe. Having a aperture of about f5.6 gave the blur around the globe and helps the globe more in being the focal point.



This photo again is using the sam style and giving the surreal feel to the photo as the image with in the globe is flipped. Again I have tried to dull down the colour palette to make it look more surreal as the image before hand was bright and slightly over exposed and wouldn't have represented surrealism. Using the globe it refracts the image/object behind it and will flip anything that is placed behind it and it is replicating what your eyes do. What you are seeing through the globe is what we would originally see but our eyes the flip that and you the are seeing the correct way up. I took this photo with an aperture of f5.6 to make the sphere the focal point.



My final image I have made two variations as I was unsure which looked more effective. I have used the same aspects as the other images, e.g. focal point on the globe and dulled colour palette but only in certain areas of the image but instead of keeping the image colours flowing I chose to isolate the colours with the globe and then the same but surrounding the globe. I prefer using this style of isolating colours in certain parts as it is another way of presenting surrealism and makes the stand out to the viewer. This image was captured using ISO 400 and f5.6 to give the blur to the background of the sphere.




1 comment:

  1. Good work here, however it falls into the competent category beautifully. This is because it has been 'consolidated too early' You need to take it further. You have also taken the image in a housing estate, the other photos have been taken in interesting surroundings. Contact sheet needed

    ReplyDelete