Monday 2 November 2015

Surreal London


Surreal Underground



During my trip to London, I had to travel a lot and a majority of the time I was using the underground. This photo that I captured doesn't just look surreal but felt very surreal while taking it as London is and extremely busy area of England full of tourists, business workers and general citizens, but as I was walking down this underground walkway there was absolutely nobody down there at the time I took it. It made think is there some reason I shouldn't be down here, does everyone else know something I don't and really made me question the area.

This aspects that made this photo so surreal was the lighting was terrible and really dark, also the colour palette is extremely dull using browns and dark colours. Finally, it follows most of the conventions of a surreal photograph and makes it what it is. I also haven't edited this image at all and this is exactly how the image was taken, straight from the SD card. The photo is a one off photo and was the only photo that I took while I was walking as I didn't really want to hang around there for long because the area had quite and eery feel to it.

I have also tried editing this photo in a few different ways to get some different effects with it:



Here I have simply added a black and white layer over it, changed the levels and saturation a tiny bit and finally erased certain areas of the black and white layer which contained the most colours and it gave it this effect.



With this photo I again used something very simple and just add a black and white layer over the top and that's it. I haven't touched the levels or saturation as I tried changing them and personally I thought it ruined the photo.






No comments:

Post a Comment