Thursday 7 January 2016

Experiment No.2 - The Eye





To create this image I have used inspiration from the artist M.C. Escher. One of his drawings that he created was of an eye reflecting a skull within it and has a surreal feel about it and I have tried to emulate that with this photo. 

By using the same style I have been able to create this image and also I have been able to keep to the theme of surrealism. I have done this by using a black and white layer for the the eye and the facial area surrounding it. Also by changing the levels and saturation it has given the eye more life as it has highlighted areas that looked dull. By using the burn tool I have also been able to dark and highlight areas which I think should be standing out more than they originally were. You can see this in affect around the edge of the eye itself and also just above the eyelashes.

I then added the next layer which is my image of Big Ben and the Underground sign. I decided to keep this in colour as I thought it made it stand out more and gives it a focal point as the second you look at it you are led straight to that image and not around it. I changed the opacity to around 30% as it needed to look as if it was a reflection within the eye and not just a solid image placed on top.

Planning Sketch






Photoshop Screenshots 

 This screenshot is me using the burn tool to highlight the darker areas around the eye.











This screenshot shows me adding a black and white layer to the eye and the the highlights of the burn tool start to show more.
 I then added the image of Big Ben and the Underground sign, re-shaped to fit in the eye and changed the opacity to make it look like a reflection.










Finally, I adjusted the hue/saturation and levels to finalise the look of my final image.
Final Image


1 comment:

  1. Very cool image. Love to see contact sheets and screen shots of photoshop

    ReplyDelete