Monday 5 October 2015

Slinkachu Emulation


Slinkachu's Original Photo



My Emulation



My emulation of Slinkachu's image is not accurate as there are a few aspects I could match correctly. Firstly, I could get the same miniature figures which he has used in his photo. Also the lighting that is shown on Slinkachu's image is natural light and on the day that I took this image the lighting outside was terrible so I had to take the photos inside using artificial lighting to try and replicate it. 
Using miniature figures in this photo appeared a challenge as they weren't free standing so I had to use masking tape which is visible at the foot of the miniature.

If I was to do this emulation again I would make sure that I found the correct miniature to use and also a ladder as my emulation did not include that and also just pay more attention to detail so that I could get every aspect the same and more like Slinkachu's. Also I would try and create a way in which there could be some light source coming from inside of the camera to light up the miniature that way as that is what Slinkachu has done. Finally, I would've given my camera a clean as the dust particles show up on the outside of the camera.

Trials

These images are a few versions of the image that nearly worked but weren't as good as my final image.


I didn't use this image as firstly, it was zoomed out far and too much of the camera itself was showing when all I wanted was just the shutter section of the camera body. Also the lighting was too intense and as you can see it started to glare on parts of the camera.


With this image the lighting was too intense so again it started to glare on some parts of the camera body. Also the position of where the miniature was situated so I wasn't an accurate emulation.

I prefer my final image to trials as the lighting was correct on the miniature and camera body. Also the situation of the miniature inside of the camera was as close as I could get it to Slinkachu's. I had the settings correctly adjusted as there were settings such as aperture shutter speed and iso that still had to be changed after taking the trial shots. Finally, the blur that I added in during editing suited my final image more than it did with my trials shots.


Contact Sheets





1 comment:

  1. Good work, Photoshop screen shot would be good, also include 1 or 2 large versions from your contact sheet that nearly worked and say why you prefer the FINAL one. Cn you do more with it?

    ReplyDelete