Tuesday 6 October 2015

David Hockney Inspiration


My Emulation Piece



I unfortunately had to just use one image and divided the image up in photoshop as when it came to doing my photo shoot on October 3rd the lighting one the day was incredibly bad and my images looked extremely dull. So when it came to editing these images I took the decision to chop the singular image up. Here is how I went about creating the image:



Firstly, I put the image into photoshop and started to section off the images used 20mm by 20mm square.


Each square would have been part of line situated on the photograph, so each line has been put into a group so that I knew with layer was which.



I then started to rearrange the squares in the style of David Hockney to try and create the final image ones again.





I then added a drop shadow to a selected few squares to make the standout more than the rest of the image as some of David Hockney's photos do this.



And this is the final piece that I had created in the style of David Hockney.







1 comment: