Tuesday 15 March 2016

Experiment 3 - Cyanotype Phase II



Here is the same image as my first attempt but for this cyanotype I inverted the image before printing onto the acetate as when exposed to light the cyanotype will look normal and I won't have to invert it after scanning it into the computer.


Here is my edited version where I have changed levels and saturation so that the tones and shapes are more visible. You can see the difference as before you could only real make out some of the shapes. Also the image looked extremely over-exposed and was really which contributed not being able to make out some of the shapes.



Here are the two cyanotypes that I have created, on the left the cyanotype has created by printing the image inverted and allowed the image to be created normally. On the right the image was printed normally and then inverted using photoshop and this is the effect it was given. After using this experiment I have chosen to incorporate cyanotypes into my final piece but after seeing my two side by side I am undecided on with technique to use as the left looks more like a cyanotype as the solution has stayed cyan but I like the effect that was given to the one on the right as it gives it a vintage look and personally I think it looks better but doesn't look like a cyanotype as it has been inverted and lost it's colour. 




No comments:

Post a Comment