Tuesday 16 June 2015

Andreas Gursky Photo Analysis

"99 Cent II"



This iconic image was taken by the world-renowned photographer Andreas Gursky who lives and works in Germany. This image is the artwork 99 Cent II Diptychon from 2001 and is a two-part photograph.
The work depicts an interior of a supermarket showing the numerous aisles depicting the goods that are stored on the shelves resulting in a colorful piece of work. The work is digitally altered to reduce perspective. The photograph is a chromogenic color print or c-print. The image was also mounted onto acrylic glass. The photographs have a size of 2.07 by 3.37 metres. The photographer has created an expressive image by using a various colour palette and there is no limited tonal value. Also This photograph is based on a series of lines, creating an abstract rather than representational image.

3 comments:

  1. Im no expert, but I believe you just made an excellent point. You certainly fully understand what youre speaking about, and I can truly get behind that. Interior Photographer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to undertand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not tht good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading, I had to go show it to my friend and he ejoyed it as well! celebrity portrait photographer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate the kind of topics you post here. Thanks for sharing us a great information that is actually helpful. Good day! Banquet Halls

    ReplyDelete